Fact sheets on owning and operating fork lift trucks
As the UK's largest and most authoritative organisation in the fork lift truck industry, the FLTA receives many requests for information and advice. To make that service even more accessible, the Association has created this library of Fact Sheets which address many of the most important and frequently asked questions, including:
- "How long does a fork lift licence last?"
- "How old do I need to be to operate a fork lift?"
- "What is Thorough Examination?"
...and many more.
If you have a question that is not covered here, please email us on email@example.com and we will try to provide you with a satisfactory answer.
Equally, if you are responsible for the safe operation of one or more fork lift truck and would like regular updates on legislation, health and safety, guidance on correct operation and inspection, then you may wish to subscribe to our Safe User Group.
- FS07 - Fork lift trucks and the use of mobile phones
- FS11 - Load rating of fork lift trucks
- FS13 - Safe Storage of LPG Cylinders
- FS14 - Rope Evacuation From Mechanical Handling Equipment
- FS18 - The Use of Working Platforms on Fork Lift Trucks
- FS22 - Fumes associated with fork lift truck operations
- FS24 - Supervision of fork lift truck operations
- FS25 - Speed and fork lift trucks
- FS26 - Towing with a fork lift truck
- FS27 - Pallets
Operator Selection & Training
- FS01 - What is the minimum age for operating fork lift trucks?
- FS02 - How long does a fork truck driver's licence last?
- FS06 - Fork lift truck operator training - recognised accrediting bodies
- FS09 - Training requirements for hand pallet trucks
- FS12 - The Legal Requirements for Fork Lift Truck Operator Refresher Training
- FS16 - Overseas Licences
- FS19 - Medical Standards for Lift Truck Operators
- FS23 - Fork lift truck operator training
- FS30 - Operator training for forklift truck engineers and sales personnel
- FS10 - Fork lift truck maintenance is a legal requirement
- FS20 - Fork lift truck tyre safety
- FS21 - Cleaning fork lift trucks
- FS28 - Operator Daily Checks