FLTA National Fork Lift Safety Convention 2018
Wednesday 3rd October 2018
Heart of England Conference and Events Centre, Coventry
Tickets: £180 (£130 for FLTA Members and Safe User Group)
Firmly established as the most authoritative event of its kind in the materials handling calendar, the award-winning FLTA National Fork Lift Safety Convention sees hundreds of managers – from across the UK – come together to share best practice advice.
The award-winning event, sponsored by Toyota Materials Handing UK and produced in association with SHD Logistics, is part of the Association’s drive to large-scale change for the better.
Delivering last year’s keynote address, Philip White, Head of Operational Strategy at the HSE provided delegates with a snapshot of the current climate:
- Between April and September 2017, 4 people were killed in accidents involving fork lift trucks
- Approximately 1300 people a year continue to be seriously injured in fork lift truck accidents and – worryingly – there is no significant evidence of improvement in recent years.
- Workers on foot continue to be the most at risk from fork lift trucks, with the most frequent injuries the result of being struck by, against or being trapped by something collapsing.
Collectively, Safety Convention delegates are responsible for the lives of many thousands of workers across the UK. It is crucial that they have the very best, most practical and valuable information… and this is exactly what the Safety Convention strives to do.
What to expect
From industry insights to invaluable real-life case histories, motivational speakers to expert Q&As, networking opportunities to CPD accreditation, each year the convention delivers content that’s engaging, educational and – above all else – excellent value for money.
Confirmed talks for 2018 include:
- An informative key note address from the Health & Safety Executive (HSE)
- A powerful presentation on leadership from inspirational guest speaker Stewart Hill
- An interview with FLTA Safety Ambassador Lisa Ramos
- Safety in Reality with Richard Byrne of Travis Perkins
- A Practical Safety Panel Q&A chaired by SHD Logistics Editor Kirsty Adams
- Jon Buckley of Toyota MAterial Handling speaking on the Toyota Safety Philosophy
- Behavioural Approach with Prof. Tim Marsh
- Engaging and relevant peer-to-peer case studies
Safety Convention 2018 will also see the return of our fork lift truck safety exhibition of relevant products and services which, by popular demand, will be bigger than last year.
Whether your company’s big or small, running one truck or hundreds, this event is for you. It is strong testament to the event’s value that, each year sees representatives from international heavyweights, such as Babcock, Nestle and Wincanton, sitting side-by-side with managers from small local businesses.
Toyota Material Handling is the world’s number 1 supplier of forklifts and warehouse equipment.
A long-time Member and supporter of the FLTA, Toyota invests heavily in research and development, production facilities and service centres. Training its people is vital in making sure that at the heart of their approach lies an uncompromising commitment to quality.
In the UK, Toyota is a sales and service organisation, providing customers with new forklifts and warehouse equipment, used trucks, countrywide service and parts support, short-term hire, operator training and fleet management support.
SHD Logistics – together with its sister website www.shdlogistics.com – is a pre-eminent information provider for the UK logistics, supply chain & materials handling sectors.
Now in its 60th year of publication, SHD Logistics magazine is published monthly and covers the entire spectrum of intralogistics, and provides a blend of information on new products and technologies while focusing, via exclusive editorial material, on companies that are at the top of their game.
To make further enquiries, please email the Association or phone 01635 277577.