You're in safe hands
Choosing a fork lift truck supplier is one of the most important business decisions you'll ever make
After all, the initial hire or purchase cost is only the start of your commitment. You need to think about running costs, training and maintenance. If you suffer a breakdown, how much time and money do you lose?
Don't forget safety. Fork lift trucks hospitalise and even kill UK workers every day – so they're covered by an ever-changing framework of laws, regulations and best practice guidance.
The right fork lift supplier will be your long-term partner – with the quality equipment, service capacity and expert advice to keep you efficient, productive, legal and safe.
So choose wisely.
Confidence as standard
Since 1972, Fork Lift Truck Association Members have built, supplied, supported or maintained over 1.5 million fork lift trucks.
In a crowded market, full of gimmicks and offers that sound too good to be true, it's good to find someone you can trust.
That's why 100,000 UK Companies look for the FLTA Logo first.
Every FLTA Member agrees to abide by the stringent FLTA Code: the industry's benchmark for integrity, professionalism and customer service. Each Member is individually assessed, and any company falling below the Association's standards can have its Membership revoked.
And with Members in every corner of the UK, there's bound to be one near you.
The FLTA Member's logo is your assurance of expertise, integrity, service, safety and, above all, confidence. As a busy manager, you need a fork lift truck partner who'll stick around for the long term, and won't let you down. FLTA Membership proves a supplier is well-established, not a fly-by-night:
- Every FLTA Member has a strong reputation in the industry, and a proven track record of successful sales and service.
- Members must demonstrate a healthy turnover and balance sheet; protecting you against unexpected problems if the economy worsens.
- You also have the added benefit of ample liability insurance should things go wrong.
The latest expertise
Owning and operating fork lift trucks need highly specialised knowledge. The legislation is complicated, and best practice guidance is changing all the time. Your FLTA Member will offer you expert guidance and advice:
- Each Member employs a team of fully-trained, specialist engineers, so your equipment will always be worked on by a qualified expert.
- Members have unlimited, on-going, world-class technical support from a recognised, independent authority on safe, efficient fork lift operation.
- This knowledge is constantly kept up to date with refresher training, technical bulletins and updates as laws and official best practice guidelines change.
Integrity and professionalism
As Europe's leading trade body of its kind, the FLTA insists all members do business in a way that reflects well upon the industry as a whole:
- They'll take the time to specify the equipment you actually need – not just what's in stock… and back it with a robust warranty
- They will carry out a site survey to ensure the truck they recommend matches your individual application – helping you stay efficient, productive and safe.
- All contracts and paperwork are fair and approved by the FLTA, and will be explained to you in language you can understand.
Flawless Customer Service
Especially in materials handling, time is money. The FLTA is here to keep you – and your trucks – productive. Members will respond quickly and appropriately when you need them:
- FLTA Members promise a fast response when you get in touch – and employ a team of experienced engineers for a quicker resolution to urgent service calls.
- Beyond everyday service, dealing with an FLTA Member gives you access to exclusive offers like free resources and updates, and discounts on key industry events.
- In the unlikely event of a problem, the Association gives you an authoritative, impartial route of appeal.
Legal and safe
Very few managers have the luxury of focusing full-time on fork lift truck legislation and safety guidance. Working with an FLTA member means you can be certain you’ll receive the support you really need:
- Quality machinery in a safe and serviceable condition – whether your trucks are new or used – and a range of service packages to ensure they stay that way.
- Honest, practical advice on specifying safe equipment and operations that are tailored to your own unique site, needs and working patterns.
- Accurate, impartial and up-to-the-minute information on Thorough Examination and other important legal requirements.
Trust the FLTA Logo
With so many companies offering fork lift truck services and equipment, it's difficult to know who you can trust.
Over 100,000 British companies trust the FLTA Membership Logo when choosing a supplier. You should too.